The following is a quick tutorial on how to add a SightGround email address to Thunderbird running on Ubuntu 20.04
- From the hamburg menu select “+ New”
- Select – Existing Email Account…
- Here is an example of the first window:
- Select Name, Email and Password
- Select Manual config
- Username = email address
- Server hostname = Name used by SightGround account on Webmail
- Re-test after changing the defaults. The Done button should be available if things are correct.
- Test the email send and receive from a different email address.
- Note – Thunderbird did not initially add the Sent folder and that caused some issues within Thunderbird. I went to manually create the folder and it suddenly appeared along with the Drafts and Deleted folders.
Hopefully this was helpful. Please contact me with any comments or questions email@example.com.