I have not been spending as much time working with this site and word press as I was hoping. I am spending the night on the couch watching the Flash and Arrow on HuluPlus.
Tonight’s goal have email@example.com e-mail sent to my phone.
I am using 1and1.com to host this web site. Here is a dated link to the directions for setting up e-mail on an android phone. I took the following steps for Android 5.1 lollipop.
- Opened default e-mail app.
- Down arrow to change e-mail accounts.
- Add account
- Personal (IMAP/POP)
- Entered e-mail address —- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal (IMAP)
- Entered password — *************
- Setup incoming server
- Server – imap.1and1.com
- Port – 993
- Security – SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)
- Setup outgoing server
- SMTP Server – smtp.1and1.com
- Port – 587
- Security Type – STARTTLS – required signin
- Username – email@example.com
- Authentication – *************
- Account options
- Account Name
- Name – Karl
- Send test e-mail
It worked. I will now be able to keep up with any e-mails much easier now.